Landbased engineering covers all aspects of the appliance of science, engineering and technology to the land, crop production, farming and food production. By putting the knowledge of oil, water, crops and livestock, together with the more traditional areas of engineering, those working in this exciting sector help to …
- Put the food on your table through mechanisation
- Provide the biomass and energy crops for paper, fuel and structures
- Preserve the rural and sports environment for your enjoyment
- Develop techniques and equipment to reduce our impact on the planet.
There is much talk at the moment about the “perfect storm” of food shortages, scarce water, insufficient energy resources and greenhouse gas emissions. It will be Landbased Engineers who will put the science into practice to ameliorate these issues.
We consider our specialisms to include:
The sector is creative, dynamic and wide ranging and can provide a wide range of opportunities. This website provides a portal into the sector and leads you to information on careers and the websites of the trade associations relating to this exciting sector
- BAGMA for Machinery and Equipemnt Dealers
- AEA for manufacturers and importers of agricultural machinery
- IAgrE, the professional institution representing individuals working in the sector
Links to Colleges with a commitment to running courses related to Landbased Engineering can be found at the LANDEX site.