The objective of the LTA scheme is to provide a nationwide means of benchmarking, monitoring and assessing the competence of technicians employed within the sector. The scheme will also provide encouragement and recognition for both employers and technicians who voluntarily commit to continual professional development in pursuit of technical support excellence.
The LTA Scheme provides a career development path, encouragement and recognition for both employers and technicians, and those employees who commit to continual professional development in pursuit of technical support excellence.
There are three categories or tiers with all tiers being registered on a central database held by LE-TEC Ltd.
- LTA Intermediate Tier – Newly qualified apprentices or assessed skilled technicians meeting the required criteria. Technicians applying for LTA intermediate will have a minimum period of 3 years proven track record within the landbased engineering industry. Achievement is benchmarked to the Level 3 qualification in Landbased Technology or equivalent and is the foundation upon which the technician’s career is built.
- LTA Advanced Tier – A skilled & experienced technician who has successfully attended a series of assessed course programmes – may be a product specialist. Typically the technician registered at the Advanced Tier will have a minimum of 5 years proven track record in the landbased engineering industry supported by a programme of continuous professional development. The technician will also need support from their employer and a manufacturer’s training schools’ representative.
- LTA Master Tier – The Master Technician will have met all the requirements of the Advanced Technician Tier and have progressed to demonstrate an exemplary level of technical ability. They will have undergone intensive advanced diagnostic training courses and passed the subsequent task and assessments.
- IAgrE Technician Membership – IAgrE Technician membership is available to all registered members of the LTA scheme. With advancement through the levels you may be eligible for the nationally recognised Eng Tech Registration, demonstrating your qualifications and value to an employer. www.iagre.org
- Eng. Tech Registration – is optional at Advance and Master Technician levels. LE-TEC highly recommend becoming registered at Eng tech level with the Engineering Council as a further recognition at national level of your skills and competencies. Fees are applicable. For more information contact IAgrE.