Landbased Engineering Training and Education Committee Ltd (LE-TEC) aims to always show transparency and fairness in the collection and use of data and to let individuals know for what purpose their data will be used. We aim to:
- Make it clear to individuals who sign up and register for our accreditation schemes and our services, events, websites, publications or subscriptions for what purpose the information is held and that they can unsubscribe at any point.
- Where people wish to unsubscribe, we will ask specific information about which names and companies they wish to unsubscribe and for which services.
- We will only hold data for a given period. Data will be kept whilst there is an active subscription in place otherwise will be deleted after 3 years where there has been no activity. This applies to all data including registrants and technicians within the accreditation schemes, dealers, manufacturers, customers, and any other information we hold on individuals.
- Information held is confidential and will be used only for the purpose it is intended and for which permission has been granted. Information will never be disclosed to third parties other than the employers of the individual, LE-TEC administration and Directors or as required by law enforcement bodies
- We must be able to show where we obtained our data from and when it was obtained.
- All registration forms must explain that due to the rules we need consent that our customers are happy to be contacted about directly relevant services or to be emailed a newsletter or to be contacted by email, post or phone. Individuals who register with us must be informed that they can withdraw consent at any time.
- Individuals will at any time have the right to request information about the data being held and processed about themselves and LE-TEC Ltd must respond to such a request in one month.
- We will only collect or process data where we believe there is a legitimate interest for LE-TEC Ltd. and/or the individual whose data is involved or that individual’s employer
- All administrators appointed by LE-TEC Ltd. are trained to understand their obligations.
The policy is under regular review and may be adapted pending legislative changes.