The Landbased Engineering Training and Education Committee (LE-TEC Ltd.) respects the privacy of its members, registrants, customers and staff. LE-TEC Ltd. aims to act consistently with the Data Protection Act 1998 and subsequent regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
2. Use of Personal Data
LE-TEC Ltd. may use your personal data in the following ways:
- To process accreditation applications and registrations, upgrades and renewal, professional registration, and other related matters.
- To provide you with information on beneficial products, events and services that either you have requested or which LE-TEC Ltd believes will be of benefit to you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any voluntary activities entered into between you and LE-TEC Ltd. such as chairperson activities, committee or working group memberships
- To notify you about any changes to LE-TEC Ltd and LTA services, administration and obligations.
- To notify/amend/clarify your contact details with any employer or other third party you represent
- To notify educational bodies and/or your employer in relation to any training programme (including apprenticeships) in which you are involved
- As required by law enforcement bodies
3. How we handle your personal information
Personal information is the information or opinion that allows others to identify you. It includes your name, age, gender and contact details. It is LE-TEC Ltd. policy that information relating to its members, registrants, customers and staff is available only to LE-TEC Ltd and its appointed Administrator and not for direct access by third parties.
Such personal information is never disclosed to third parties save to the extent set out herein
4. Collection of personal information
Generally, LE-TEC Ltd. collects personal information directly from you. For example, we collect personal information when you:
- Deal with LE-TEC Ltd. in person, by telephone, letter, or email
- Supply a Curriculum Vitae, Resume or details of Continual Professional Development (CPD) or training undertaken
- Fill out and submit a registration or application form
- Submit any other information in connection with your registration or the purchase of products and services
- Make an enquiry via a web form or email
- Complete your subscription renewal forms
- Make a conference or event booking
Personal information about you may also be collected from a third party. For example, when you make an application to IAgrE for Eng Tech Registration as part of your LTA accreditation. IAgrE receives references relating to your application
5. Why we collect information
We collect your personal information to enable us to provide various products and services and for the administration of your registration with LE-TEC Ltd. and the LTA accreditation scheme.
6. What we collect
- The type of personal information we collect includes your title, first name, surname, gender, date of birth, nationality, your qualifications, home and work contact details (phone, fax, email, street address, email address) and your mailing address.
- Individuals and their employers are reminded that they are the source of the personal information held by LE-TEC Ltd. and need to update LET-TEC Ltd. with all changes relating thereto
7. Format of data collected
The personal information LE-TEC Ltd. collects may be in electronic format such as emails, data form entry, email attachments, and in hard copy such as printed versions of information received electronically or transferred via Royal Mail or by hand.
8. Use and disclosure
LE-TEC Ltd. policy is not to disclose any personal Information that we hold on you to any unrelated third party, except where you have given your express consent for us to do so or where required by law.
Arrangements are occasionally made with suppliers of goods and services for their mailings to be sent to members. All material is carefully vetted, and the mailing list is never released to third parties. These mailings are only ever included with standard LE-TEC Ltd. and other communications sent directly from LE-TEC Ltd.
Delegates at LE-TEC Ltd. events have told us that it is beneficial to see who else is attending the same event. For this reason, we make available a list of all delegates (names and job titles) to those who are themselves attending an event (the delegate list).
If you tell us that you do not wish us to use your Personal Information for a particular purpose, we will honour your request.
LE-TEC uses all reasonable efforts to ensure Personal Information provided by you is held securely.
Printed information (such as registrations, upgrade applications and assessments) are stored in an individual’s files. These are only accessible to the appointed LE-TEC Ltd. administrators and are locked and secured outside of office hours.
Where Personal Information is used by the LE-TEC Ltd. to assess grades of accreditation and registration, assessors are required to follow a privacy code of conduct which details the agreed LE-TEC Ltd. requirements for information transfer, processing of registration, renewals and upgrade applications, confidentiality, and final storage of records.
In event of a registrant leaving LE-TEC Ltd. and/or ceasing their accreditation or registration, hard copy records are maintained for the designated time in line with established procedures for readmitting registrants following resignation or temporary suspension from registration. All printed information is securely shredded once it has been deemed redundant.
All LE-TEC Ltd. computers are configured with an automatic out of office screen lock to avoid private information being viewed by others. Private data stored online is only accessible at the LE-TEC Ltd. Administrator’s office with no remote access permitted. Personal hand-held devices are password controlled and give limited access to data.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The transmission of information via the internet is not always secure. LE-TEC Ltd. will protect your personal data in accordance with current best practice but, it cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once LE-TEC Ltd. has received your information, it will use procedures and security features to minimise the likelihood of unauthorised access.
10. Data Breaches
LE-TEC Ltd. seeks to avoid any data breaches and has put in place appropriate policies and procedures to prevent this and deal with the aftermath in the unlikely event of this happening. Link to Data Breach Policy
LE-TEC ltd. adopts a policy of seeking Data Usage Permissions for use of the use of individual’s personal information and requires them to “opt in” to receive information. These are available on-line and in hard copy. They take two forms:
- Data Usage Permissions, Terms and Conditions for the ongoing collection of permissions from established members.
- Data Protection and Privacy Permissions used at the point of membership application, professional registration and upgrade.
The permissions given to LE-TEC Ltd. registrants are recorded on the central LE-TEC Ltd. database and used to ensure that an individual’s confidentiality preference is maintained.
The following words are used to collect established individual’s permissions for the use of their data. Where needed, this statement is added to application forms and other membership related documents.
Data Usage Permissions, Terms and Conditions
In order that LE-TEC Ltd. maintains compliance against the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), it is necessary that we seek Data Usage Permission as defined below:
I give my permission for LE-TEC Ltd.to access my information for management, administration and registration purposes
- Your information is stored securely
- You have a right to see the information LE-TEC Ltd. keeps
- Your information is only used for the purposes described above
- Your information is never shared with third parties for marketing purposes
I understand and consent to the information provided on this form being processed by LE-TEC Ltd. for its sole use for the purpose of administering, promoting, delivering and improving my experience of LE-TEC Ltd. and its products and services (including the LTA scheme) or such other purposes as are described in the LE-TEC Ltd. Privacy Statement and Disclaimer.
I give my permission for LE-TEC Ltd. to access my information for management, administration and registration purposes.
I confirm that I wish to receive notification (by post or electronic means) of LE-TEC Ltd. products, events and services which may be of interest and benefit to me.
I declare that the statements made on this form are to the best of my knowledge true. I agree to comply with the Rules of Conduct of the Landbased Engineering Training and Education Committee (LE-TEC) Ltd. I confirm that I have not committed any offence of which LE-TEC Ltd. would require me to give notice under its Rules of Conduct.
12. Third party websites
The landbasedengineering.com website contains links to other websites. These websites are not operated by LE-TEC Ltd. and are outside the control of LE-TEC Ltd. LE-TEC Ltd. accepts no responsibility whatsoever for these websites or their contents. In particular, if you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that LE-TEC Ltd does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these website
13. Unsubscribe Statement
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, LE-TEC Ltd. (and companies processing data on its behalf) currently hold and use data held on you for administration purposes, to keep you informed of its activities, and offer goods and services provided by the organisation.
We would stress that your personal data is available only to LE-TEC Ltd. and not for direct access by third parties. Mailing arrangements are occasionally made with third party suppliers of goods and services but all material is carefully vetted, and the mailing list is never released to them.
If you wish to be removed from any of our mailing lists, please contact by e-mail at email@example.com or in writing to:
The British Agricultural and Garden Machinery Association (BAGMA)
225 Bristol Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, West Midlands, B5 7UB.
14. General Enquiries on Data and Privacy
If you have any questions, comments or would like further information about our privacy and information handling practices, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org