A major benefit of belonging to a professional institution such as the Institution of Agricultural Engineers (IAgrE) is that it demonstrates you have attained certain minimum standards of education and training. Membership of IAgrE is an internationally recognised professional qualification in its own right and as a licensed body of the Engineering Council (EngC) and the Society for the Environment (SocEnv) can offer its members professional registration which:
- Identifies you as having competences that employers value
- Indicates your competence and commitment to professionalism and that these have been assessed by other professionals working in your area of expertise
- Demonstrates that your competence may be compared with standards applicable in other parts of the world
- Confirms your commitment to professionalism, which is underwritten by the support of both IAgrE, as a national institution, and the licensing authorities as mentioned above
IAgrE can offer you access to the following professional qualifications: Chartered Engineer (CEng) / Incorporated Engineer (IEng) / Engineering Techncian (EngTech) / Chartered Environmentalist. (N.B. It is possible to register as both a professional engineer and a professional environmentalist.)
Professional registration has many additional benefits to a number of stakeholders:
- Recognition of your expertise and hard work
- High self-esteem
- Improved career prospects
- Greater influence within your organisation and industry
- Access to lifelong learning
- International recognition of your qualifications
If you are interested in obtaining a professional qualification through IAgrE, find out which membership grade is suitable for you and apply now!
Promoting Professionalism Video
Students at Harper-Adams University College in the UK have produced a video on the subject of promoting professionalism.